Through the past

Sunday, February 3, 2013

Japan Homestay - Nagoya day 6 - 10

Assalamualaikum~ I already missed my foster family so much. I think of them everyday. I missed having breakfast with them. I missed Hiroto-chan. I missed Okaa-san and Otou-san. I missed Ryuto and Hayato. I missed the house. I missed my room. I missed the living room, I missed the toilet, I missed the bathroom. I missed everything. Huaaa! I look at the picture everyday. I missed them so much that I think I could go crazy if I stay like this. isk isk isk.

Okay okay. Enough with my japansick. I'm going to update more about my stay in Japan with my foster family. Can't I just say my family?


Day 6

I wake up as usual at 6 in the morning. Having breakfast with my otou-san and okaa-san. After otou-san went to work, I gone back to sleep. I need sleep maa and it's not like I have anything to do actually. So I woke up again at 8.30 a.m., get ready to have activities~ hehe. Around 9.00 a.m., Lotus-san and Azmel arrived at our house (yes, my foster family house of course) and then Pochi-san and Farah came. We went to Port of Nagoya Public Aquarium in one car.









Once we entered the aquarium, we waited for a while for our okaa-san's friends which were going to join us that day. So, we met Beluga-san, Sugar-san and Take-chan. Ouh, Jun-kun also joined us. He is a korean which joined Japan Homestay several years ago. Apparently, his foster mother is Beluga-san. Beluga-san was very cheerful and lively. She introduced herself straight away after she saw me. So, we went touring the aquarium. We saw dolphins and dolphins. We also took some pictures~






Then we watched dolphin show. It was the best. Plus, we were freezing. The wind was so strong and I felt extremely cold despite wearing longjohn, winter coat and gloves. I can't feel my hand.


Later, we went to see the penguins. They are so cute~ We also bought hot cocoa from the vending machine. It became our source of heat for a while before it turn cold in minutes.







 Then we went out for lunch. Before we went out, we had our hand stamped for re-entering. We went to eat. I ate soba because it's the only japanese food I can eat there. I also found "Nasi Pattaya" and "Tom yum" being sold there. After lunch, we went back into the aquarium. Oh, at this point, my camera already out of battery because I forgot to charge it and I don't have the adapter.

We saw a lot aquatic lives. There were loads of information regarding ocean lives, whether extinct or  not, how the species extinct, how the species survived and more. Then, I was carried away and I forgot that I didn't perform my solat yet. All of us were troubled to get place where can I perform my solat. Luckily for me, Beluga-san and the other told me to get wuduk and they'll find me a place. I ended up praying at a corner at the kids section. They blocked the way for me until I done with my solat. They were so kind. They respect me. They respect Islam eventhough they are not quite clear why do we have solat.

After that, we bought some souvenirs and we headed home. Beluga-san asked me what is "ashita" in Malay. When I gave her the answer, she immediately tell us "jumpa lagi esok" in japanese dialect. I smiled. Malay language in japanese dialect is so cute.

Once we were home, I rested a bit and when the clock strikes 5.15 p.m., I went to perform my solat. In Japan, 5 is already nightfall. Remember that folks. Okaa-san was preparing some food for dinner. So, when otou-san reached home, he went changed and all of us including ototo-tachi get ready to have dinner in Azmel's foster family house. Before reaching the house, we stopped at a restaurant to buy unagi. We were the first to arrive. Then followed by Farah's foster family.

We had dinner, I ate unagi, we ate onigiri, watch variety shows and we had fun. Azmel, Farah's and me decided that we want to tour around the neighbourhood. So we tell our foster family that we want to "jalan-jalan" for a little bit. We walk not far from the house. Stopped at the vending machine, I bought hot cocoa and we talked.

Then we headed back home. We saw someone running in the dark. Well, one of us did say "who was that? Jogging?". He turned out to be otou-san. He was "jogging" searching for us because we were out quite long. We apologised. We didn't realised how long we've been talking out there. So, we came back, and ate something like "dodol" but I'm not sure what was it. I forgot its name already. Then we played mario cart. I started to wonder if wii is a compulsory game in japanese house. All house we've been in japan got wii.

We start to play kendama. I also start playing otedama with Ryouma and I beat him again with higher counting, 63 (roku juu san). Yeahh! Ryuto tried to enter our competition and completely out, so he gave up. When the clock showed 10 already, all of us excused ourselves and went home. All of us had fun that night. The first time having otou-san join us for our activities with Azmel and Farah. We arrived at home, I had shower and we went to sleep.



Day 7

I woke up as usual because I want to perform my solat and I noticed no one woke up yet. Maybe because today is weekends and they want to sleep for a little bit longer. So, after I'm done performing my solat, I went back to sleep and woke up again at 7. We had our asa gohan a little late today at 7.30 a.m.. We had pancakes~ It was my first time eating pancakes actually. Quite delicious. I topped my pancakes with maple syrup instead of chocolate. Around 9.30 a.m., my whole family went to the bowling centre. There we met up with Farah's family and Azmel's family (minus the father).








We played two rounds. The first round I lost miserably to Hiroto-chan. I was at the bottom of the list. Then, at the second round I switched place maa~ I win. The bottom became top. Well, I was warming up at the first round. haha. Around 12.00 p.m., all of us moved to our house. Yes, I mean my foster family house. Before that, we went to Yoshizuya to buy some lunch. We bought donuts at Mister Donuts, bought some sushi and other foods. When reached home, I performed my solat. Ouh, starting this day, I can't jama' my solat because it's been three days after we've arrived in Japan.


After that, I ate my lunch. When I finished mine, I played jenga with Farah and her foster siblings, Ayano-chan and Kotone-chan. While playing, Otou-san offered me some sushi. So I took one and ate it. Suddenly I feel really uncomfortable around my nose. I covered my mouth and nose. Then it turned out that there was wasabi in the sushi. So everyone laughed. Otou-san said gomen to me a few times. He didn't know. But didn't feel angry at all. I just feel funny. I just laughed and said it's okay.

Then three of us (Azmel, Farah and me) went out to walked. It didn't took longer this time. When we reached home, our foster parents were busy preparing for Hippo Club activities. Around 1.40 p.m., all of us went to Hippo Club. There we met Shita-san and the rest of the club members~







We had many activities. But first, all the members attentions were towards a club member who just came back from India ("Indo" is how the japanese pronounce it). She told us about the food. How spicy they were with a lot of spices. She even brought back Sari from India. She showed us pictures.

Then the three of us became the stars. They asked many questions. First, they asked us to sing "Rasa Sayang". Then, they want to hear our Anthem song. Yes, we did sang it for them. A lot of questions give. "Does Malaysia has seasons?" "Why Malaysians likes coming to Japan?" "What surprises you when you first came to Japan?" and other bunch of question. It was fun actually even though we were having a hard time explaining things to them. 

Then, the club members presented us with many things. Hayato played us Kimigayo song using recorder but before that, he introduce himself in russian. Kotone-chan played us the song she played in the elementary school. Okaa-san sang us drawing song and introduce herself in Malay. Hiroto-chan show us how to play with strings. Other members also showed us origami and folk songs and more. It was so fun. We played japanese style games. We must do a pose that is different with the oni (monster). We played a game where people must touch the colour that is pronounce out loud in Malay by the oni. Their games were so different with games frequently played by Malaysian. They also had a session where the club members played a cd with Malay conversation and all of them must recite the conversation. The club activities were so educational. They learn other languages by games.

After all over, we had a small feast and took some pictures~ We went crazy maa~










 So we went back home. Before that, Okaa-san asked me if I want to see the "Illumination". I was like "What is that?". I just said that I would love to go there. So all of us went home first to get ready. I performed my solat and otou-san gave me his longjohn for me to wear (mine was in the laundry) because at the illumination, it would be extremely cold. Okaa-san even lent me a winter hat.

So, after got ready, Azmel's and Farah's foster family came to our house. We went to the illumination together. Once we got there, Farah told me that her okaa-san lent her a scarf because there would be cold. Exactly the same case like my foster parents. Seriously, that place was way to cold. The wind was so strong. I was shivering. The illumination turned out to be exactly like ICT except the technology is way better than ICT in Malaysia and colder. hehe.The place is called Nabaru no Sato.












 It was so beautiful. Even better than ICT. Great place to enjoy our last night together. Yeah, the last. Even thinking about it made me emotional. Then, we searched for a place for dinner. All of us haven't ate dinner yet and the kids started to complain. We had a hard time searching for a place where three of us can eat but we managed to find one.

I ate udon. The noodles are exactly like "laksa" except the soup was different. I was really enjoyed the food.I didn't dare to try any food involving wasabi after the incident during lunch. After that, we walked a little bit and all of us returned home. My family stopped at Aeon on the way home. I was like "wow, this place got Aeon as well". We bought some ingredients for breakfast because I asked for japanese breakfast for my last breakfast tomorrow. It was heart breaking asking that. isk isk isk. The interesting thing there is, my okaa-san didn't pay cash. She just took out her Aeon card and touch it like a touch&go and go. "Err, why didn't she pay? Why did she just go" Seriously, I had a load of questions on that time, but I remained silence. Maybe that card IS like touch&go.

So, we went home. I took a shower and a few moments in the living room, then I went to sleep. My last sleep in the house.



Day 8


I woke up at the same time like yesterday. After performing my solat, I started packing because today I will leave the house. I already feel sad thinking that. I don't want to leave. I want to stay. After I finished with my stuff, I went to living room to have breakfast. My last breakfast with them.






I had 2 servings of rice. I love japanese food. Since it will be my last time tasting in a japanese house, better I eat while I can. Then, I went to take pictures of the house that I will be leaving soon. I took picture of the heater (I will miss you heater), my room, the toilet, the kitchen and everything. I want to remember everything.

we played super mario using wii. Like I said several days ago, wii is like a compulsory game that must be inside every single japanese house. I wonder if the price is lower here?




We had our family photo~







I love all of them! Around 12, we leave the house. I left the house with my luggage. I felt like I'm gonna mourn. I felt so hard leaving the house, leaving them.

We headed to sushi restaurant. We had sushi. We had so many servings. I can't eat anymore. I just ate 8 servings and I was already full. My ototo-tachi ate so much. It was my first time eating sushi and it was very delicious. Then we went to Nagoya Tv Tower! Wahh~














When we were there, the staff asked us whether we want to use stairs or elevator. So, all of us agreed to use stairs to reach the top. It was the most amazing and frightening experience ever. The wind was really strong that I almost fall. My feet was getting heavier as we climb. It was tiring that after that I can't breathe properly and my head was dizzy. Yes I should know that I always need sugar and water for such activity. It's not like the first time I experience this. Whenever I need to run or do something that really need for energy, I had to consume extra sugar and water so that I wont get dizzy or breathing difficulty. So I had hot cocoa and after a while, my condition became better although not entirely better. But it was fun. I had no regret at all.

Then we went shopping at Osu Street. There were loads of shops over there. The place was similarly like Petaling Street. We met up with Azmel's and Farah's foster family.



 

I bought a lot of key chains. By a lot, I mean a lot. I spent about 14000 yen just on the key chains. The worker asked me to show my passport because any purchase above 10000 yen in  duty free shop, they require passport (not copy). So, I started bargaining and I ended up making two payments. That solved the problem. Oh I also searched for nemaki. Traditional bathrobe for summer. Seriously, I was crazy searching for summer clothing during winter. But we managed to find one. When I want to pay, okaa-san took out her money and paid it. She said it was a present for me. I was containing myself because it was so sad that I'll be leaving in few hours.

Then our foster families bought us some food for dinner on the bus. Then, on the way to Hippo Family Club Nagoya, okaa-san gave me a kendama.


I always play kendama in my foster family house. I really like it because it was my first time seeing and play one. So, I always play kendama during my free time. I almost cry when she gave me the kendama. She said, "play this and get better". Seriously, I almost cry. I don't want to go. 

When we reached the club, I performed my solat and meeting with friends. Asking how were their days with their foster families. All of them seemed great and happy. We had last photography session.



After the group photo, all of us must catch the bus. I started crying. I don't want to leave. I want to stay. I want to spend more time with my family. I hugged otou-san, okaa-san, Pochi-san, Shita-san. Pochi-san's husband hugged me seeing I was so sad leaving them. I don't know when will I see them again. When the bus started to move, all of us start waving our hands and cries heard even harder. I can't forget the night how we parted. I will never forget all of them.

The crying session continued inside the bus on the way to Tokyo. Although I've regained my self, other girls still crying. Then, we started to talk. Talk about how our experience, how ere the family members and many things. We stopped for dinner and continued. All of us sleep in the bus. Oyasumi.



Day 9

I woke up and realised that we already reached Tokyo Disneyland. The clock showed 6.00 a.m.. So, I went to performed my solat. Around 7.30, all of us went to the in front gate of Tokyo Disneyland. We hangout there and sensei brought us breakfast. We took pictures and talking.






So at 10.00 a.m., the gate was opened. People are running to get inside. Wow, that was unusual for us. All of us just walked. I paired with Yew Ze Bing.







First, we rode merry-go-round. haha. Well, Bing took me there and I was like "seriously?" and just go with with. Then, we went to Haunted Mansion. It was a ride in a haunted mansion. Quite fun. Not really scary but the hologram was good. There was song, a very lively-ghostly song. Later, we went to Splash Mountain. It was a ride as well with water involved. That explained the splash right? It has cheerful song and I got we go splashed. It was some sort of roller coaster but just a bit. 

Then around 12, we met up for lunch. I performed my solat and we ate Fried Noodles. After that Bing and I continue our Disney exploration! We went to play Space Mountain. It was a roller-coaster ride in the dark. Seriously, it was really exciting and confusing. My head was really out of place after that, but just a few moments. Then we played StarJets. Kids game. hehe.

Ouh, when we done playing with StarJet, the Disney Parade started. I found Mickey!












Wahh~ I finally met my disney stars. haha. Well, I did grew up with disney cartoons. I love the parade. I want to see them again.

Bing dragged me to the Big Thunder Mountain. It was a roller-coaster ride. Joining this program allow me to experience many things including this theme park.





Then we sailed to Tom Sawyer Island using a raft.















We went to the Harper's Mill, Castle Rock Ridge. We also visited Fort Sam Elemens. It was like a movie set. Very beautiful. Then we walked on a Suspension bridge and Barrel Bridge. Well, we almost fall. hehe.

The last thing we played was Beaver Brothers Explorer Canoes. Bing was the one who eagerly want to do the canoes. Very fun I tell you. We had a hard time searching the place but worth it.

It was almost nightfall, so we went to the World Bazaar to buy some souvenirs. I bought some Disney key chains and key strap. After that we just sat there until it was time for all of us to gather. Around 6.00 p.m., we left Tokyo Disneyland. We check in Hotel Nikko Narita and had dinner. Well, there was a lot of food, but as a Muslim, there were not so much we can eat.

Then, Fadzil sensei gave us a little briefing for tonight and tomorrow and we decided roommates. I shared a room with Bing. Oh, Hotel Nikko Narita is an International Hotel. So, the workers can speak in English. So, calling for room service was no problem. As we were going back to Malaysia tomorrow, we started to pack our luggage so it would not exceed 20kg. Thank god the hotel was provided with a weight-scales. So all of us had no problem with the luggage.

I took a shower and went to sleep. It was a tiring day playing inside of Disneyland.


Day 10

I woke up at 6.00 a.m., had shower and performing my solat. Then I start packing as we had to get our luggage in the lobby by 7.30 a.m.. So, all of us had breakfast and we ate whatever we want as long as the food were halal for us Muslims.

At 8.30, we headed to Narita Airport. It was not so far from the hotel. It took about 10 minutes to reach the airport. We check in our luggage and no one had to pay for extra weight. That was good. Then all of us went shopping. I bought some rice crackers, some t-shirts and a yukata. Well, I'll just wear it at home.







We gather at 10.20 a.m., and 20 minutes later, we boarded. Our flight was delayed about 20 minutes. Maybe because of the weather. Around 11.00 a.m., we moved to Changin Airport, Singapore for transit. We arrived at Singapore around 6.15 p.m. (Malaysia time) and I went to performed my solat.

We boarded at 8.00 p.m., and we flew to Malaysia. Home sweet home. We arrived at 8.55 p.m.. All of us took our luggage and bye. We exchanged phone numbers and facebook accounts so that we will still in contact. The program was officially over.  



No comments: