Through the past

Saturday, January 26, 2013

Japan Homestay - Nagoya Day 1 - 5

Assalamualaikum guys. WAHHH~ For your information, I went for Japan homestay in Nagoya. The program was organised by Hiroshima International Club and Hippo Family Club Japan. Truth to be told, it was the best thing that ever happen in my life. Seriously, The. Best. Thing. Ever. I met a lot of people. I made new friends. Malaysian friends, Japanese friends. I gained new life experience. Went overseas without my family. I got a new family. Yoshimura family. My foster family which I love as much as I love my own family. I will never forget them. I promise I will come back and meet them again. I promise.

Day 1

So, the program started on January 13th 2013 - January 22nd 2013. All the participant register in KLIA Concorde Inn on 2.00 p.m. and after that we had briefing about the program. On 5.00 p.m., our orientation session begun.

           * Introduction of all the participants. We had to draw our face on a piece of paper and Nabil
              sensei collected them and were given to other people at random. So, we had to guess  who
              was drawn on the paper that we got. And then, we introduce them. So actually, we're not
              introducing ourselves, we introduce our new friends. I really enjoyed this module.

           * We had dinner. I just eat whatever I want because it's buffet . I already paid maa and I
               remember I ate a lot. fuhh. The food was so yummy.

           * We played "Traffic Jam". We sat in a row and people in group 1 and 2 must exchange place.
              This game is really tiring but exciting. It's funny when I think about it.

           * We also play "Power Up". This game is hilarious. I thought I'm gonna die playing this
              game. I laughed so hard. Sensei Fadzil laughed like he's gonna die. Seriously, this game is
              damn funny.

           * Then we had Nihongo module. yay! Some preparation for us for our communication during
              our homestay in Japan. Finally I had Japanese language teacher. After that all of us went to
              sleep.









Day 2

So the next day, I woke up around 6.30 and prepare to continue our orientation. We had our breakfast (and I ate a lot. Like I said, I paid). Around 8.30 a.m., our second part of orientation begun.

            * Nabil sensei teach us how to do report after the whole program ended. Yes, we have to
               make a report in order to get certification form ministry of education. Actually, I'm doing it
               right now. After I finish this post, I'm going to copy the whole post on paper. I don't know
               how long it would take.

            * We did Malaysian module which all of us must answer all question given about Malaysia.

            * Then we choose batch leader, assistant batch leader, security committee, group leader 1 and
               2. Sensei gave us 15 minutes to decide, but we just took about 5 minutes to choose. We just
               "Luqman as a leader! All agree? Yes!" Huhh. I didn't even get the chance to object.

             * Nabil sensei explained to us about all things that we can do and can't during homestay in
                Japan. Japanese cultures are totally different with Malaysia's such as the toilet must be dry
                after using it, no sugar in tea, say "ittadakimasu" before eating, must be clean before
                entering the bathtub (ofuro) and something else. So, we have to learn a little bit about them
                so that we will not be offending our foster family.

              * We had group travel plan briefing. What time to check out from the hotel, what time must
                 check in our luggage and all other important things.

              * Lunch and then we checked out form KLIA Concorde Inn. Orientation is officially over.

So, we got to KLIA Terminal around 2.50 and the counter still closed. We had to wait until 3.30 before we can check in our luggage. So, I just spend my time talking to my new friends. After we've checked in our luggage, we were given money for dinner and free to go anywhere inside KLIA. So, I just talk with Bing, Huang and Bali until the time we have to go to the satellite terminal. Then we were given more free time to wander around. Seriously, we don't know what to do. We have so much of free time.


Meeting with the girls while wandering inside the satellite terminal. We ended up together until the gate open.
We just hangout in Burger King, making noise. It actually feel nice. It's when we come out with nick name; Huang ho (Hwang ho), Wikipedia (my nickname because they said I know everything). We actually called Huang Ho out loud there and people were staring at us. Us? we start laughing. Seriously, my new Chinese friends re crazy and that's what makes them fun.


My new friends!

8.40 p.m., we start boarding and heading to Changin Airport Singapore for transit. We were there about 3 hours. Seriously, that airport is the longest airport I ever been. We took like 20 minutes to get to our gate. Everybody was hungry and I need to solat. Lucky for us that our gate will be open in another 2 hours, so we have a lot of time wandering around, talking and eating.

Shyuan and Huang~

Azmel and Nesh
 Then 1.05 a.m., we start boarding to Japan! yay





Day 3


We arrived at Nagoya Airport (finally I'm in Japan!) around 8.10 a.m. (Japan time) and then from there we took a bus straight to Hippo Family Club Nagoya.




While we were in the bus, we played jan-ken-pon (Japanese game of rock-paper-scissor). Well, the game made us quite cheerful, hehe. We reached our destination at 10.45 a.m. and it was so damn cold over there and all of us just keep saying "samui!" non-stop. Seriously, it was very cold. The temperature was 6°C during that time. I'm freezing maa. I'm not used to cold weather. Anyway, I got to meet my foster mother! yay!

My okaa-san, Yoshimura Keiko~

 



The Hippo Family Club gave us a warm welcome and say "apa khabar" to us. I was like "are they talking in Malay? Oh, yes they are!". All of us sang "Rasa Sayang" while introducing each other. It was so fun there. Everyone of them is so friendly and nice that we don't even had the chance to feel awkward. Then it was the time to follow our foster family back to their home. I waved my hand saying goodbye before I take my leave and all people there replied to me with a smile. Seriously, I fall in love with them. It was so heart-warming.


So, after that, okaa-san brought me to Nagoya castle. It seems that Azmel's and Farah's foster mother (Lotus-san and Pochi-san) are friends to my okaa-san, so three of us went there together.




The castle is being re-constructed and seeks to complete in the year of 2018. Even though it still under construction, some places are opened for public so that people can visit the place and help the restoration by donation as a support. The castle has 7 floors but the 7th floor is still under construction so the floor is limited for us. There are too many Japanese things over there. You can learn the history of the castle and the Nagoya area by visiting the place. It was very educational. I can't wait to visit again when all the restorations are complete. I'm sure I'll come there again. I'm sure.

Actually I'm very tired during that time. We just arrived and then we're visiting a castle with 7 floor to climb up. Fuhh. Then we headed home, I mean my foster family home which is my new home for a while. Ya Allah, the house is so cozy. I really like the house. I like the bathroom, I like the guest room and I like my room! yeahh. My room got tatami~ It was my first time seeing one. My okaa-san put a heater in my room because she knew that I can't stand cool because it was my first time in a country with winter season. I performed my solat, and rest. By rest, I mean sleep. Okaa-san prepared me futon and I just sleep. Man, I am very tired maa.


I woke up around 5.30 p.m. and it was already dark. So, during winter night is longer than daylight. I meet with my foster brothers~ WAHHH! Hiroto-chan ga kawaii! He is so small and cute. Seriously, he's cute. Ryuto and Hayato are doing their homework and after that, they played card in front of the the television while okaa-san was preparing dinner for the family. Then, around 6.30 p.m. I meet my foster father. Yoshimura Tsutomu.



He looks very young despite he's going to be 40 next year. Well, he was going to take Hayato to hospital because Hayato has ear inflammation. I checked at the clock and I'm thinking about solat. Then it clicked in my mind, I forgot Isya' is at 6.27. The clock needle as at 6.40 something. I don't even perform my maghrib solat yet. How can I forgot about the time difference? haish. Fortunately I can jama' my solat. So, that's a relief and I hope it will never happen again. Ryuto showed me a magic trick using card. I was truly amazed when he did the trick. I never expect him to manage do the trick, but he did. Omedetou! I also learn how to make origami with okaa-san and Hiroto-chan (seriously, Hiroto-chan ga mecha kawaii!)







Then, after otou-san and Hayato got home, we had dinner. My first time having japanese dinner and using chopstick. I don't know how to use chopstick. I failed miserably at my attempt to eat by using chopstick and I ended up using teaspoon instead.


I gave my omiyage (gift) from Malaysia after I ate my dinner. I brought a lot of tidbits such as kerepek, rempeyek, serunding and more for them. Yes, they were surprised because I brought a lot. I also gave them keychains for my ototo-tachi (foster brothers), kain batik for okaa-san and kain pelekat for otou-san. I showed otou-san how to wear the kain pelekat. He actually doesn't have any idea what the hell kain pelekat is. But when I show him how to wear it, he became thrilled and amazed and keep saying "sugoi" and mentioned how kain pelekat is quite similar to Japanese Hakama. I feel relieved when they are so happy with my omiyage. Thank god, Alhamdulillah. 


I took a shower after that. Oh my, I fall in love with the bathroom. It is so nice~ I fell like I want to shower all night. haha. The concept of sitting during bathing is quite interesting and it feels nice. I've come to love the bathing concept. Then I sat infront of the tv, joining okaa-san and otou-san watching some japanese variety shows where the game is the celebrities must guess the song played. I guessed some right (well, I love j-music maa) and okaa-san and otou-san were like "sugoi!" and I told them I listen to many japanese music. I sleep early because I'm very tired despite I've already sleept in the evening. But yeah, oyasumi nasai to my foster family and I went to sleep.




Day 4


I woke at 6.00 in the morning. I performed my subuh solat and then I went to the guest room. My ototo-tachi looked so sleepy and they had their breakfast. Well, I start the morning with them by saying "ohayo gozaimasu!" (good morning). Yeahh! I always wanted to do that. haha. So, I had my breakfast around 7.00 with okaa-san and otou-san. 7.30 a.m., otou-san off to work and I went to brush my teeth and sorting my clothes. I talked to okaa-san about many things. About the clothes price in japan (if you're Malaysian, then things in japan is way too expensive for you unless you're rich and don't even care about expenditure) about the computer price which is quite cheap there. wow.

So, when the clock strike 9.30 a.m. (ku jii san-juu pun. yay 9.30 in nihongo) we off to Shippo Pavillion to make some shippo (cloisonne)





 Shippo Pavilion also known as Shippo Art Village where people can the history of japanese shippo and how to make them. I stick together with Azmel and Farah because our foster mothers are friends. At least I have friends. So, all of us made our shippoyaki~ yay! 





My self made shippoyaki

We were given some instruction by sensei before we start and we had trouble understanding him though. It was so funny trying to understand what the sensei is trying to say. Lucky for us our foster mother help him to explain it to us. While we were making and designing our own shippoyaki, Angel, Raihan and Shyuan enter the room and everyone became loud. "You're here too!" "Wahh, so happy meeting you guys!" "Finally, I meet malay guys". haha. It's only been one day and we reacted like we have parted for weeks. But yeah, I'm glad meeting friends here.





Angel, Shyuan and Raihan


After that, we parted. my group went to have lunch at the Joy Cafe. I ate Japanese food which name I don't remember. But, Oishii!


I drank Iced tea and yeah, no sugar. How the hell Japanese people can drink tea without sugar? fuhhh. Then we went to Yoshizuya for shopping~ My okaa-san can't join us because she must go to elementary school for some business. So we went there as 5 person. There are a lot of things over there. Just like Jaya Jusco. We were just looking at things and I searched for my galaxy tab charger. I left mine at home. haish. Unfortunately, the charger I'm looking for is out of stock. We stumble across purikura booth and took some silly pictures~ hehe


nice right? haha


We bought some food after that and went to Docomo shop by foot. Well, it was near. Azmel's okaa-san ask the worker about the charger and yeah, out of stock but I left my tab there to be charged. Then it was Farah's okaa-san had to leave us. Azmel's okaa-san brought to another shop to search for Azmel's adapter and my charger. Well, we did found the adapter but my charger was still out of stock. Why??


So, we moved to Azmel's foster family's house because I need to perform my solat. After solat, we did some origami and play kendama. It was my first time seeing one. I kept playing it. Kendama is so fun! Then I played otedama with Ryouma, Azmel's foster brother. What can I say, I'm more Japanese than Ryouma. I win! haha. He never beat my record. yeahh! Then, around 5.00 p.m., okaa-san took me home. Before that, we went to Docomo shop to retrieve my tab. The workers gave me back in a very polite manner without charging me with money. She kept saying arigatou even though I'm the one who supposed to say it to her because I charged my tab without paying. wow. Japanese people is very polite.


After dinner, okaa-san and otou-san ask me whether I still want to search for my tab charger. I'm hesitating at first because I thought maybe otou-san is tired after work. But, as I mention before, Japanese is way too kind and nice and they said it's okay. So, we go out in order to search for my charger. Yes, I finally got my charger in one electronic store around there. I also bought a bottle of water for my usage. I'm so relieved. We headed back home and watched television and oyasumi nasai, I went to sleep.





Day 5

 I woke up at the same time as yesterday. The siblings were having dinner first because they had to got to school. I had breakfast with my foster parents and then I went to shower. Well, I didn't take shower the night. So after I cleaned up, I went walking around the neighbourhood.  I was freezing. The weather is so cold that I can barely stand it. But at the same time, I'm having a good time touring around because I never get the chance to do it before. It felt so nice. I returned home and get ready to go to the school~ yeahh, I got to visit junior high school today!


9.20 a.m., we went to my okaa-san's friend's house. There I saw Farah and Azmel are already there wearing traditional costume and for the first time I met Shita-san! She is so lively and cheerful. I love talking with her. She can speak a little bit in both Malay and English. So, we didn't really have any problem understanding each other. She made me smile more. While we were talking in the living room, Angel and her foster mother came in. Yay! another day with Angel. So we discussed what we're going to do at the school. I'm going to introduce myself in Nihongo, Azmel is English, Farah in Malay and Angel in Mandarin. We also being told that we're going to join the English class.







We went to Akatsuki Junior High School without our foster mothers. The school teachers were very polite and keep thanking us for coming there. So, we joined the English class, make friends and yeah, all of us enjoyed the class. We took pictures with the students before we leave. We also meet Shita-san's daughter, Yume-chan. She's beautiful~









We left the class after that. We went to pricipal's office. We were served tea with sugar (finally, some sugar) and chocolate. Only god knows how good the chocolates were. I love Japanese chocolate!! The principal gave the whole bag of chocolates to us because he saw how much we like it. haha. Arigatou gozaimasu! Before we leave the school, we took some pictures of the school.








Bye bye Akatsuki Junior High School~


So, we headed to Farah's foster family house for lunch and some preparation before we go visit the elementary school. I performed my solat and changed into baju melayu. While Pochi-san (Farah's foster mother) is preparing lunch, we made some origami to be given to the elementary school kids.  Oh yeah, Azmel's okaa-san joined us as well.



Then we ate lunch. Pochi-san made us oyakodon (using halal chicken minus sake). Seriously, oyakodon in so good! I love oyakodon! I love japanese food! Oishii!


Around 1.40 p.m., we off to Kodaiji Elementary School. We came in the class and the children are sitting in the floor. Then, all of them stand up and gave us military-like greetings. Oh my god, they are so cute! So we introduced ourselves just like what we've done in junior high school. Then Shita-san asked them if they know Malaysia and show us where Malaysia is in the map. Some of the kids said "so small". I laughed upon hearing that.






Azmel taught the class how to count in Malay language or Malay-go. I noticed how Japanese has trouble pronouncing "L" "E" and "M". But that makes them cute~ hehe. Oh, we also played games.












They put a performance for us. Playing song using recorder. It was so good!








After that, we were back at Farah's home. We took some pictures and get crazy a little bit. hehe.





Then all of us need to headed home. Shita-san sent me home and the house was filled with Ryuto's friends. Okaa-san served them with spicy chips that I brought from Malaysia and they ate it and cover their mouth saying it's too karai (spicy). But well, the spicy chips were gone in seconds despite they were being so spicy. Well, I'm glad they like it even though it's spicy. I never thought that Japanese people don't eat spicy things. They are part of asia right? hurm.

I took a nap and when I woke up, they were still there. But as the day was getting darker, they went back to their home and we had our dinner early because Ryuto and Hayato has basketball club activity on 7.00 p.m.. They ate serunding and Hiroto-chan said it was too spicy and searched for water. Well, serunding is not actually very hot. It just slightly hot. Maybe because they weren't used to spicy food before.

Otou-san sent Ryuto and Hayato to basketball club. After he came back, I introduced to them Jawi. They said it was the first time seeing jawi. They never know we have our own writing symbol. Well, even in Malaysia, Jawi writing is being forgotten. Okaa-san took the turn to teach me some hiragana. Still, Japanese writing is hard for me. haish. Then we played some memory card and jenga with Okaa-san and Hiroto-chan. Otou-san had to fetch Ryuto and Hayato from the club.






After that, I had shower and spent my time in the living room before I went to sleep.






p/s: I still owe the 6th day to the 10 days. Wait for the update.

No comments: